Reduction of energy consumption in hospital buildings in Voznesensk City
On September 1st, 2015 PAUCI Foundation oficially started the implementation of the project "Reduction of energy consumption in hospital buildings in Voznesensk City". The goal of the Project is the revitalization of implementation of the Plan of activities in sustainable energy development in Voznesensk, demonstration of possibilities of implementation of such projects in terms of the Covenant of Mayors, reaching the decrease of energy consumption to 62% in the buildings of Voznesensk city hospital. The Project is financed from the funds of the European Union in terms of the EU Program "Covenant of Mayors - Demonstration Projects" with the partial financing from Voznesensk city council.
Revitalization of implementation of the Plan of activities in sustainable energy development in Voznesensk (Mykolayiv region).
Demonstration of possibilities of the Covenant of Mayors as an effective mechanism of implementation of projects in sustainable development of cities.
Decreasing of energy consumption in two buildings of the hospital (polyclinic and pediatric department) to 62% and CO2 emissions for 22 tons a year.
The project provides for:
Implementation of a new approach in energy management in the hospital buildings;
Citizens of Voznesensk and citizens of other localities of Mykolayiv region will obtain knowledge about cost-effective energy consumption, optimal ways of decreasing energy consumption, real example of a correct match of equipment and retrofit of the building.
The project provides for attraction of students of the local collage during the retrofit of the buildings to visiting the objects and obtaining experience and knowledge.
What has been done in terms of the project:
- a complex energy audit of two hospital buildings has been conducted;
- informational campaign for the visitors of the hospital in efficient energy use has been started;
- design and budget documentation for two hospital buildings has been developed;
- Resource Center in Energy Saving has been opened in Voznesensk where citizens can get practical advice about the correctness of retrofit of buildings.
- roof replacement;
- heating system replacement with installation of the individual heat point;
- installation of a "air-water" heat pump for heating and hot water supply needs;
- insulation of exterior walls, basement walls (underground and aboveground parts), attic floor, flat roof;
- replacement of electricity supply system in the building;
- replacement of interior and exterior lighting system;
- replacement of water supply and sewage system in the building;
- installation of lightning protection system;
- modernization of ventilation system in the building;
- installation of online energy resources consumption.
- replacement of heating system with installation of the individual heat point;
- insulation of the facade of the building;
- modernization of the ventilation system;
- replacement of windows and doors;
- rearrangement of the porches;
- roof replacement (from hip to flat).
Terms of implementation of the project: 1.09.2015 - 31.01.2019.